We offer you a full-time job at the Embassy of Estonia in Riga, interesting and dynamic job in an international environment, with the opportunity to work on various topics.
The main duties are to provide professional and secure transportation to Ambassador, high-level visitors and Embassy staff (including regional trips); delivering official mail including couriers to the Ministry; maintenance of vehicles; management and maintenance of Embassy premises and inventory, dealing with local service providers and suppliers, registration of official diplomatic vehicles as well as other private owned vehicles of diplomats of the Embassy and perform other duties as assigned.
You are a suitable candidate if you:
- have a valid driver’s license at least for 5 years, impeccable driving record and excellent driving skills;
- have previous experience as a driver working for an international organisation/driving diplomatic or VIP personnel; experience in property management is an asset;
- have technical skills and competencies;
- have secondary education (preferably vocational secondary education linked to the area of activity);
- are good in English and Latvian, both in oral and writing; knowing Estonian is an advantage;
- are proactive, accurate, punctual, helpful, friendly, flexible (including willingness to work nonstandard hours and on public holidays, when necessary, willingness to have the annual holiday at the same period with the Ambassador) person with good communication skills;
- Basic administration/IT skills, including Microsoft Office, to perform data entry, internet research, and schedule appointments
- are aware of protocol and etiquette.
We offer the full-time job (40 hours) and salary 1350 euros per month.
Other benefits and conditions of employment: this is a full-time fixed term contract with possibility of renewal. The annual leave entitlement is 28 days per year. The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they are legally able to work in Latvia. The Embassy is not able to assist with any visa or sponsorship arrangements.
Staff recruited locally by the Embassy of Estonia in Riga are subject to terms and conditions service according to Latvian employment law. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Latvia.
To apply for the position, please e-mail your CV (in English) and a short letter of motivation indicating your desired salary to the Embassy of Estonia in Riga at [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 19 August 2023.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Skolas 13, Riga LV 1010, Latvia
Any questions regarding the position should be e-mailed to [email protected]